Winter 2018-19 is trending a variety of warm outerwear to offer: parkas, anoraks, faux fur and the ever popular down coats and jackets. A feather and down coat will keep you warm in any weather, they don’t take up much space in your wardrobe, they are easy to look after and really quite affordable. Here is my top 5 of this season’s ultra fashionable down coats:
1. #oversize. Short down jackets are everywhere from high- street to luxury brands. The length varies from super short waist length jackets to a more traditional hip length, the main rule being oversize!! The bigger the better is the fashion’s current fixation.
If the model you’ve chosen looks normal to you go for a couple of sizes bigger. If you have a slender feminine figure you can pair it with slim trousers or a chic maxi skirt for maximum effect. This trend is set to last so an oversize down jacket will be your number one fashion friend for many seasons to come.
2. Surprisingly, along with short models overlong down coats are getting very popular too! You can wrap yourself up in as if it were a blanket and it will keep you warm in cold weather. Incidentally the trendiest versions are the oversize ones that look like a cocoon.
3. Many fashion brands are experimenting with length and fabric this season. Thus we’ve recently seen the arrival of ultra light stretch down coats. They have elastic inside that makes the coat fit perfectly and retain heat. It’s so light, warm and packable that it’s extremely convenient to carry when travelling, plus it doesn’t crease!
4. When it comes to colour this season everyone shares the same opinion. The brighter the better. Dazzling bold colours are bang on trend. A down coat in pink, red, orange, yellow, purple or any other vibrant colour won’t have you go unnoticed. Don’t be afraid to experiment with colour as this winter is the best season for those of us who love bright colours.
5. A light colour down jacket has become a separate trend in the current season. Pure white is as popular as ever. Some brands exploit this and have turned white to pearl, making you sparkle in the summer sun, looking glamorous and spectacular!